Start-Up Shul funds fellows with a stipend of $75,000 per year for two years. Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Ordained Orthodox clergy person, with strong preference given to graduates of Yeshivat Maharat and Yeshivat Chovevei Torah
- Commitment to open an Orthodox shul in an underserved or not yet served area in North America.
- Commitment to hold prayer services at a minimum of once a week
- Intent to invest deeply for a minimum of 3 years in the founding of the shul
- Demonstrates creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to withstand setbacks and grow from challenges.
- Shows an aptitude for fundraising and entrepreneurship
Applicants will attend a full-day seminar on rabbinic entrepreneurship, complete an application which will include a three-year plan, and have an interview before the selection committee of Start-Up Shul.
Email us at email@example.com and a member of our selection committee will get in touch with you for an initial intake conversation.